Well, it’s been a hot minute since I’ve shared a new recipe. While my intentions are always good and I really, really enjoy creating new recipes for the TT, there just aren’t enough hours in the day. I know most of y’all can relate to the feeling. But, enough excuses! I apologize for the far too long delay, and I promise I’ll make it up to you with this new recipe: Parsley & Garlic Carrot Fries.
As we move into the Fall season, I’m pretty confident that I’ll be spending many rainy, cloudy days in the kitchen- more so than in the Summer. Thankfully, the rain and clouds (even a barely noticeable cool breeze or two!) have begun to make their way to South Texas, so I’m already retreating to the safe, dry shelter of my kitchen. My list of recipes to try is quickly growing and I’m just trying to keep up!
Maybe this is why the Fall season is my favorite. There is more time to spend in one of my favorite places: the kitchen. Not to mention the many other comforts of Fall: cozy scarves, comfy leggings, and warm baked goodies. Oh, and the pumpkin. I cannot forget the pumpkin- my favorite baking buddy! I can already smell the Paleo Pumpkin Cake Donuts in the oven. (PS the new Pumpkin RX Bars are on point and I am addicted. Find them here!)
Meanwhile, until the cool air (officially) hits, football season is well underway, and pumpkin is socially acceptable, I’ll settle for foods that ease our palettes into the Fall season. Case and point: carrot fries!
Sweet potato fries have been a household favorite for many, many years, now. However, while Blake can eat them every night without boredom (or weight gain), I’m not so lucky. Hence, a new take on my favorite food, french fries.
These Parsley & Garlic Carrot Fries are just as good as traditional sweet potato fries, yet they contain less calories and carbohydrates. You know what that means: a bigger serving for Kelsey Nicole ;)
The ghee, parsley, and garlic add so much savory flavor. The carrots bring a touch of sweetness and crunch. I cannot think of a more winning combo! But, before you get to cookin’, a fair warning: you may just eat the whole batch in one sitting (not speaking from experience).
- 1 lb bag of whole carrots
- 1 tbs ghee, melted
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 heaping tsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and nonstick spray.
- Slice the ends off the whole carrots and cut each carrot into a french fry shape, about 1/4" cubed. Place the fries in a large bowl or ziplock bag.
- Add the melted ghee, garlic, parsley, sea salt, and pepper into the bag. Mix and coat well. Place the carrot fries on the baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip. Continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes, or until they begin to turn golden brown.
- Serve warm.