It’s currently cloudy, rainy, and cold outside. So you can find me cozied up on the couch, drooling over the delicious aroma of Paleo Pumpkin Spice Brownies in the oven. Perfect scenario? I’d say so. I just love cool, Fall weather, especially when I can stay cozied up inside!
It’s almost feels like Fall has officially hit South Texas. Am I dreaming?!
If Fall is officially here, then it’s time to celebrate! And brownies sound like an appropriate way to do just that. These Paleo Pumpkin Spice Brownies combine my favorite flavors: pumpkin spice + dark chocolate. In my opinion, they’re a drool-worthy dessert during the Fall season. But the good news doesn’t stop there. They are also free of grains, dairy, and refined sugar. So, essentially, they’re guilt free. Which is great news considering I just ate four brownies. Yep, four.
Did you know pumpkin is actually loaded with vitamins and minerals, too? According to Medical News Today, pumpkin contains high amounts of potassium and beta-carotene. Potassium can help you stay optimally hydrated and regulate blood pressure, while beta-carotene is a precursor to Vitamin A. Both of these powerful nutrients are essential to a healthy body!
Alright, are you ready to get baking? Grab your whisk, preheat your oven, and let’s do this!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder, or cacao powder
- 2 tsp pumplin spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips*, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry brownie ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and microwave for another 30 seconds. Let cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk honey and eggs. Add to the melted chocolate.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Transfer the brownie batter to the prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Bake for less time for fudgier brownies and bake for more time for cakier brownies.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
*For Paleo, use dairy free. I prefer Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips.