If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? I would choose sweet potatoes. Easy. This recipe for Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries: 2 Ways is a dream come true.
Sweet potatoes are my favorite food. Other than, dark chocolate and red wine, of course. I love their subtly sweet flavor, soft consistency, and versatile use. You can use sweet potatoes for mashed potatoes, french fries, baked potatoes, baking substitutes, and more. And they can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert.
How to Make Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries
As the recipe title implies, I’m sharing my two favorite ways to make sweet potato fries. One is sweet, the other is savory.
I use traditional, orange sweet potatoes for the sweet version. Simply bake the fries per the directions below, sprinkle with sea salt and cinnamon, then drizzle honey on top. Y’all, my mouth is watering as I type this. Is yours?
Alternatively, Japanese sweet potatoes are perfect for a savory flavor. Naturally, they are still sweet, like all sweet potato varieties. But, these delicious, white sweet potatoes are perfect for making savory, garlic fries topped with fresh parsley. Now, I know you’re drooling.
How to Serve Sweet Potato Fries
Oven baked sweet fries have become a staple in our home. In divided household (one of us loves veggies, while the other despises them), sweet potato fries are common ground. So, it’s basically a win-win.
We basically eat oven-baked sweet potato fries with anything, but some of our favorites include:
Grass-fed beef or turkey burgers
Fried eggs on top
Other Potato Recipes
Since potatoes are common ground for B and I, we tend to eat them often. In case you love them as much as we do, you can find other similar potato recipes linked below:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tbs coconut oil or coconut oil spray
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Optional: 1 tsp cinnamon + 1 tsp honey
- 2 large Japanese white sweet potatoes
- 2 tbs avocado oil or avocado oil spray
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry potatoes. Slice in half longways, then cut into "french fry" shapes.
- Without crowding, evenly place fries on the baking sheet. There should be at least 1/4" between each fry.
- Option #1: Spray with coocnut oil and season with sea salt, cinnamon, an dhoney. Option #2: Spray with avocado oil and season with fresh garlic, sea salt, and parsley.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve warm by themselves or with organic ketchup or dairy-free ranch dressing.