Gluten Free Lemon Loaf is an easy, healthy, delicious, paleo-friendly dessert. Or breakfast. Or snack. You be the judge!
Growing up, one my favorite desserts were lemon bars made by our good family friend, Laura- Hi, Laura! When we gathered for special events, like the Superbowl or Summer camping trips, lemon bars were a must. It’s been a while since I’ve had Laura’s old-fashioned, delicious, sweet, yet tangy lemon bars, but as the weather heats up and Summer quickly approaches, I’ve had recent cravings for a lemony sweet treat. This Gluten Free Lemon Loaf is a healthy version of lemon pound cake. Think: Starbuck’s lemon loaf, but without refined flour and sugar!
Fun fact: I’ve always opted for chocolate-on-chocolate-on-chocolate desserts. But, after creating my recipes for Paleo Strawberry Shortcake and this Lemon Loaf, who even am I???? Don’t worry, chocolate still has my heart and will be returning to the blog very soon!
What You Need to Make Gluten Free Lemon Loaf
The almond flour in this recipe creates a slightly grainy texture and nutty flavory. I love it!
Coconut flour is unique in texture and characteristics, so I don’t recommend subbing with another flour.
Melt the coconut oil to liquid form, but be sure to let is cool before mixing with the other wet ingredients.
Instead of coconut sugar, you can try brown sugar or honey.
Whole eggs- yolks included. Always opt for pasture-raised, organic eggs.
Freshly squeezed lemon juice is the key ingredient, duh!
Coconut milk (full fat)
No low-fat coconut milk here.
How to Make Gluten Free Lemon Loaf
To make this Gluten Free Lemon Loaf, start by preheating the oven to 350F. Prep a loaf pan with cooking fat, spray, or parchment paper.
Combine all your dry ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside. Then, mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Once remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack. Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the lemon glaze. Once the loaf is cooled, transfer the loaf to a serving dish and pour the lemon glaze on top.
Serve the loaf warm or at room temperature. I love eating a slice with coffee in the morning!
To store, place the loaf in an airtight container for up to 3 days. To store in the freezer, slice into individual slices, place in a bag or Tupperware, and keep for up to 3 months.
How to Serve Gluten Free Lemon Loaf
I enjoy eating this lemon loaf with a fresh cup of coffee in the morning. However, it also makes for a great snack or dessert. Sprinkle a handful of dark chocolate chips on top or homemade coconut whipped cream!
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, full fat
- 1/4 cup
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare a load pan with coconut oil or parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside. Mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the lemon glaze. Once cooled, transfer the loaf to a dish and pour the glaze on top.
- Serve warm! To store, place in an airtight container for up to 3 days or store in the freezer (in individual slices) for 3 months.