To be completely honest, when I first threw this recipe together, I had no idea what to expect. I definitely didn’t plan for it to be a NBK recipe. It was simply a “throw everything in one pot” kind of dinner. However, it didn’t take me long to realize this hodgepodge of ingredients made for one heck of a yummy chili!
How to Make Easy & Healthy Chili
Throw all the ingredients in a large pot or pan. Let simmer and wait. Easy peasy.
Ingredients for Easy & Healthy Chili
Grass-fed, always. Grass-fed beef is known to provide more health benefits, than conventional beef. For example, it is higher in Omega-3 fights, which help reduce inflammation, and lower in antibiotics and hormones. Dr. Axe has a detailed and thorough article on why grass-fed beef is the better choice!
My favorite chili veggies, include sweet potato, onion, crushed tomatoes, poblano, and bell pepper. But, you can add or omit, according to your vegetable preferences.
Opt for organic. You can use beef or chicken broth.
Cocoa powder is the key ingredient. It creates a thick, hearty, and savory chili, unlike any other!
- Vegetarian: omit beef or substitute with chickpeas.
- Beef: Use ground turkey, sausage, or chicken instead.
Other Hearty Recipes
Paleo Jalapeno Ranch Chicken Bake
Cheesy Cauliflower Grits and Sausage
Easy Beanless Chili
Easy Beanless Chili is a vegetable-packed, protein-filled recipe. This warm, hearty, nutrient-dense dish is perfect for cool, Fall nights.
- 1 tbs ghee, coconut oil, or avocado oil
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 1 15 oz can cherished tomatoes 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2-1 can black beans
- 2 cups bone broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Corn chips or Siete tortilla chips
- In a large pan or pot, add ghee and saute the onion over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add ground beef and mix frequently.
- Add in bone broth, garlic, poblano, bell pepper, and sweet potato over medium heat. Stir.
- Add tomatoes, beans, and all seasonings. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm and top with desired toppings!