Coconut shrimp is one of my favorite dishes to order at a restaurant. And, it has been on my “cooking to-do list” for far too long. So, earlier this week, I finally created a healthy version of this delicious, crunchy, protein-filled dish!
Shrimp is one of my favorite ingredients to cook with because it’s so healthy and versatile. It’s packed with lean protein, cooks quickly, and can be used in a variety of recipes. It’s delicious served as dinner, lunch, or an appetizer. The options are endless! And with the Superbowl around the corner, I figured now was the great time to create this tasty dish. It’s the perfect game day snack!
This recipe makes about 4-5 servings and all of them were gone within a couple days. (Keep in mind, Blake doesn’t like shrimp and didn’t help me eat any.) Let’s just say, I’ve consumed a lot of shrimp this week. But, I’m not complaining one bit!
On another note, I took a poll on Instagram asking if I should start sharing weekly “What I Ate in a Day” posts. The results were almond unanimous. 90% answered “yes.” So, you can look forward to those comin’ your way soon!
- 16 oz fresh, medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 eggs whites
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the egg whites in a small bowl, whisk lightly, and set aside.
- Working with one shrimp at a time, dip into the flour, then into the egg whites. Let the excess egg whites drip off, then dip into the coconut flakes and press to stick. Place shrimp on the baking sheet.
- Once all shrimp are coated, sprinkle sea salt and chili flakes on top. Then, drizzle with honey.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, or until the coconut flakes are golden in color.