This recipe is easily the simplest recipe I’ve ever shared because it only requires 3 ingredients and 30 minutes. I mean, who are we kidding? No one has more than 30 minutes to make an appetizer. And with only 30 minutes of your time and 3 ingredients, I’m willing to bet these BBQ Bacon Wrapped Prawns will put a smile on everyone’s face. They sure were a hit at our bible study meeting last week!
Literally, all you need for this nourishing and delicious app is:
- Wild-caught and sustainably-sourced large prawns
- Pastured bacon
- You fav BBQ seasoning
Let’s be real: most appetizers are made with packaged and processed carbs. So, these bacon wrapped prawns are a great way to add a little high quality fat and protein to your party or potluck. But you might be wondering, does the quality really matter? That’s a hard yes in my book because:
- Wild-caught seafood contains more nutrients, fewer calories, and less pollutants and chemicals than farm-raised seafood.
- Pastured bacon is produced sustainably and known to have better, richer flavor. It also contains less antibiotics and is higher in nutrients.
You might as well nourish your body as best you can, right? Right. In fact, unlike sustainably-sourced, high-quality foods, low-quality foods can actually harm our bodies with additives, antibiotics, chemicals, GMO’s, and more. So, I encourage you to always find the best quality ingredients available to promote a nourished, healthy body!
And, if you’re feeling a little adventurous, you could even serve these BBQ Bacon Wrapped Prawns as a meal. Add them on top of my Last-Minute Cauliflower Salad or paired with Parsley Garlic Carrot Fries for a complete, balanced dinner!
BBQ Bacon Wrapped Prawns
- Toothpicks or skewers
- 20 large prawns
- 10 strips pastured bacon
- 2 tbs your favorite BBQ seasoning*
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet or dish with parchment paper.
- Cut the bacon strips in half, making 20 pieces of bacon.
- Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each prawn. Hold the bacon in place with a toothpick or skewer. Place on the baking sheet.
- Once all the prawns are prepped, sprinkle each one with your favorite BBQ seasoning.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, flip each prawn, sprinkle with more BBQ seasoning, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve warm!