After a week in California and long weekend in Austin, I am back home and ready to settle back into my routine. Truthfully, I thrive on schedules and routines beaus that’s when I feel the healthiest, strongest, and most prepared. Needless to say, I couldn’t wait to get home to prep this Paleo Chicken Salad recipe because it’s been on my mind for weeks. Not to mention, it’s packed with the nutrients and fuel my body craves after long bouts of travel.
This chicken salad recipe is a great option for make-ahead meals or meal-prepped lunches or dinners. Each batch makes enough for three or four servings. If you’re prepping for more than one person, you can easily double the recipe! This recipe is packed with protein, healthy fats, and plenty of nutrients to keep your tastebuds satisfied and energy levels high. I enjoy the chicken salad on top of a bed of crisp, fresh lettuce. However, if you need a little somethin’ extra, Parsley & Garlic Carrot Fries make for a great side dish!
This Paleo Chicken Salad is paleo-approved (obviously), but only if you use a paleo-approved mayo. Most olive oil mayonnaise is paleo-approved, but it’s important to ALWAYS read the label to be sure. You want to avoid ingredients, like canola oil, vegetable oils, food dyes, and additives. My favorite olive oil mayos are made by Tesse Mae’s and Primal Kitchen. You can typically find them at your local grocery store, but Amazon is always a good back-up (see below):
If you don’t follow a paleo diet, feel free to make this recipe with traditional mayo. You can also serve it on your favorite sandwich bread. While you do that, I’ll just be here, dreaming of eating this chicken salad on a soft and fluffy sandwich roll. Lol!
Paleo Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- 2 lbs chicken thighs skinless, boneless*
- 1/4 cup olive oil mayo I prefer Tessemae's or Primal Kitchen (see above)
- 1 cup diced organic apple diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper divided
- 4 cups spring mix
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place chicken on the parchment paper and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, chop spinach, apple, red onion, and celery. Season with sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooled, finely chop chicken into 1/2" pieces. Add chopped chicken to the veggie bowl and mix well.
- Servie chicken salad over sprung mix lettuce.