It’s officially Fall, y’all! I have to admit, here at NBK, we’re off to a strong start with Fall recipes and this Ultimate Fall Salad is no exception. It’s packed with all the Fall flavors and colors. And honestly, it looks almost too pretty to eat.
I recently made this salad for our bible study community and everyone raved about the combination of flavors. We enjoyed it along side bacon burgers and it was fantastic! That being said, if you want to make this salad a complete and balanced meal, I recommend adding one (or multiple) of the following:
- Hardboiled eggs
- Roasted salmon
My inspiration for this salad came from the recipe for my Paleo-ish Winter Salad. I decided that I needed to create a salad for every season to best feature the in-season produce. Obviously, we’re starting with Fall! This salad recipe features many Fall ingredients, including:
- Roasted carrots
- Goat cheese
And, like I said, we’re kicking off the Fall season the right way around here- AKA with lots of new Fall recipes. So, in case you’ve missed the latest, I’ve linked them for you, here:
Skillet Pork Chops with Cinnamon Apples
Are you ready to dive head-first into Fall with the Ultimate Fall Salad?!
The Ultimate Fall Salad
- 4 cups arugula and/or spinach
- 1 medium avocado chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 large apple chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans raw
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 4 tbs Tesse Mae's Honey Poppyseed Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add sliced carrots to the baking sheet and bake for for 20 minutes, flipping hlafway through.
- Meanwhile, add the arugula/spinach to a large salad bowl. Top with chopped avocado, apple, and pecans. Once the carrots are roasted, let cool, and add to the salad.
- Top with goat cheese crumbles and drizzle with honey mustard dressing. Serve!
- Hard-boiled eggs