Blueberries, almonds, flaxseed, and cinnamon.. These are a few of my favorite things!
But seriously, these foods are are just a few of the staples in my diet. Why? They’re superfoods.
Superfoods are packed with vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and antioxidants- many of the things our bodies need to not only function, but to thrive. I love knowing the foods I consume are helping my body work better. What about you? Are you getting your daily dose of superfoods? Here are some more examples of superfoods:
As you may have guessed, these pancakes are packed with four of my favorite superfoods: flaxseed, almonds, cinnamon, and blueberries. Better yet, they are super tasty. I guarantee your kids won’t even know they’re eating something good for them!
My favorite way to devour these pancakes is with a spoonful of Creamy Chocolate Almond Butter and extra blueberries on top.
What I used to make this recipe:
[supsystic-gallery id=11 position=center]
- 2 tbs almond flour
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 1 tbs ground flaxseed
- 1 tbs stevia or honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1 tbs almond butter
- 1 tbs Creamy Chocolate Almond Butter (see the recipe link above)*
- extra blueberries
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs chocolate chips
- Combine all dry ingredients (and honey, if you use it) in a bowl. Add in egg whites and almond milk. Mix well.
- Add blueberries to the batter and mix in.
- Coat a pan with nonstick spray and warm over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is warmed, reduce heat to medium and evenly pour the pancake batter into 3 pancakes.
- Let cook for about 5 minutes or until small bubbles begin to form in the batter.
- Flip and let cook for another 3-4 miutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!