Protein Oats have been my go-to breakfast for a long, long time. I’m talking about every morning for years on end. Not only is this recipe delicious, but also satisfying and filling.
How to Make Protein Oats
To make Protein Oats, simply add oatmeal to a microwave safe bowl. Instead of only adding water, cut the amount of water in half and supplement with liquid egg whites. For example: instead of adding 1/2 cup water, add only 1/4 cup water + 1/4 cup egg whites.
Combine all these ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments. With a fork, stir well in between. Repeat 2-3 times or until he oatmeal is creamy and smooth.
Protein Oat Toppings
My favorite oatmeal toppings, include:
- Berries + almond butter
- Banana + peanut butter
- Chia seeds + raspberry jam
- Collagen + honey
- Honey + chopped pecans
More Breakfast Recipes
- 1/2 cup steel cut oatmeal
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup liquid egg whites
- Nut butter
- Berries or sliced banana
- Chopped nuts
- Add all ingredients to a microwave safe bowl and mix with a fork.
- Microwave for 30 second and stir well. Repeat 2-3 times, or until the oatmeal is thoroughly cooked and reaches a creamy texture.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!