There just isn’t anything quite like good, old-fashion banana bread. It brings me back to when I was a little girl, waking up to the beautiful aroma of banana bread made by my mama. It was such a delicious treat. Banana bread, coffee cake, and chocolate biscotti were, and still are, a few of my mom’s best recipes. She would usually bake them for road trips or holidays, making them even more of a treat. I sure do miss those days. What kind of home-cookin’ did your mama do best?!
Anyways, my favorite thing about banana bread is the easy variations. By making simple changes, you can create a totally different bread. I’m talking about adding chocolate chips (my favorite), walnuts, almonds, coconut flakes, oatmeal, cinnamon, and so much more. It’s totally up to you!
This recipe, in particular, includes hydrolyzed collagen (which I talked about in my post for Cocoa Collagen Energy Bites), packing this bread with extra nutrients and protein. You can easily add your favorite mix-ins, (for example: chocolate chips and coconut flakes, or walnuts and oatmeal) for a completely new and improved banana bread. Although, I do have to say, this bread is quite tasty without any additions.
In order to make this loaf last, I like to slice it into individual servings, wrap them in ceran wrap, and store in the freezer. When I know I need a quick, on-the-go breakfast or snack, I let it defrost on the counter the night before. So simple, yet healthy and delicious. Give it a try!
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 scoops Primal Kitchen Vanilla Coconut Collagen Fuel*
- 3 small bananas (or 2 medium), mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or coat with nonstick baking spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the mashed banana, eggs, honey, and olive oil in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- *You can try substituting with more almond flour, protein powder, or another type of hydrolyzed collagen.