These Orange Gelatin Gummies are a nutrient-dense, mineral-rich, tasty snack or treat. Like any delicious gummy, they’re jelly in texture and sweet in flavor. They are a must-have for supporting healthy adrenal and thyroid function!
Alike most of the American population, I’ve personally been dealing with pretty intense adrenal and thyroid dysfunction. In effort to support my body, foundationally and holistically, I’ve turned to food. After all, I am a Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner! To read more about adrenal health and function, read my blog post for this Creamsicle Adrenal Cocktail.
What are Orange Gelatin Gummies?
These Orange Gelatin Gummies consist some of the best natural foods and minerals for optimal immune, adrenal, and thyroid health. They’re tasty and jelly, like any great gummy candy. However, unlike most store-bough gummy candies, they’re packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. Did I mention they are breeze to make?!
Are Orange Gelatin Gummies Healthy?
Yes! These little guys are a great boost for anyone dealing with adrenal fatigue or thyroid dysfunction. Needlsss, to say: they’re “healthy.” Here’s why:
Orange Juice– Fresh OJ provides copious amounts of natural, bio-available vitamin C. This powerful antioxidant is depleted by chronic stress, and if you have adrenal issues, it’s very likely you’re also dealing with chronic stress (or did, at one point). As a result, your body will have a greater need for vitamin C.
Sea Salt + Cream of Tartar– The ratio of salt to potassium in the body can significantly affect adrenal fatigue symptoms. Ideally, the ratio should be 15:1 (potassium to sodium). Sea salt or Himalayan salt, along with cream of tartar (potassium) helps restore a healthy balance of these essential minerals.
Gelatin– Gelatin provides essential amino acids, which helps heal the gut, regulate blood sugar, and reduce inflammation. It also is responsible for creating a gummy, jelly-like consistency.
Containing potent vitamin C and a healthy dose of protein, you can enjoy these gummies as a mid-morning snack, pre-workout fuel, or late-night treat.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice, pulp free
- 2 tbs honey, or more for additional sweetness
- 4 tbs gelatin
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Pour the orange juice into a small pot and sprinkle the gelatin on top.
- Let sit for 3-4 minutes or until the orange juice becomes jelly-like.
- Warm the pot over low heat, making sure to NOT boil.
- Add the honey, sea salt, and cream of tartar. Mix over low heat until the liquid is thoroughly warm.
- Pour the mixutre into a 9x9 pan, ice cube tray (which is what I used), or gummy mold.
- Place in the refrigerator for 3 hours to set.
- Once the gummies have set, pop the gummies out of their mold (or if using a pan, slice into 16 squares). Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.