Saturday mornings: my most treasured time of the week. I’m talkin’ about the un-rushed, no-alarm-clock kind of mornings.
These moments include, but aren’t limited to: long cuddle sessions, hot coffee in an oversized mug, fluffy pancakes, and more hot coffee. I truly treasure and savor these sweet mornings.
In general, there is just something about mornings. I love them. I can’t help but think of one of my favorite Bible verses- a verse that fills my soul with such hope and joy: Lamentations 3:22-23 says “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness.” Mornings represent a fresh start- a new day, full of endless possibilities, especially with our God on our side!
Mornings also just so happen to be an appropriate time to whip up fluffy, soft, warm pancakes, making my favorite part of the day even better. If you aren’t a morning person (like I clearly am), then these Gut-Friendly Collagen Pancakes will convert you to the dark side (well, actually, the bright side). As claimed above, these little hot cakes are fluffy and soft, just like traditional pancakes (even though they’re paleo!).
I use this Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Flour Mix for my pancakes, which helps create the perfect consistency when mixed with collagen. I promise you won’t even know they’re paleo!
(PS if you want to know more about the benefits of collagen, visit my post for Cocoa Collagen Energy Bites.)
My favorite way to serve this breakfast is topped with fresh berries and drizzled with almond butter or melted ghee. Mmm SO GOOD. And, who says pancakes don’t make for an appropriate (and delicious) dinner, too?!
- 4 heaping tbs Bob's Red Mill Paleo Flour
- 1 tbs collagen
- 1 tsp stevia
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla or maple extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk or water
- Almond butter
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add egg, vanilla extract, and almond milk. Mix well and let sit for a few minutes for batter to thicken.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and coat with nonstick spray. Pour batter evenly into 3-4 pancakes.
- Cook for about 4 minutes or until pancakes begin to form bubbles. Flip and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Serve with fresh berries, drizzle almond butter, or ghee on top.
- *To make "blueberry butter," microwave blueberries for 60 seconds (30 seconds if using fresh blueberries), add ghee, and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir and pour over pancakes.