The 2018 Superbowl is five short days away and I’m stoked about it. Not because I’m a die-hard Patriots fan, or even a die-hard football fan, cause I’m not. (Although, this NorCal native roots for the Niners, baby!) I’m pumped for the Superbowl because it’s the perfect excuse to eat good food with great company. I mean, what’s better?!
When I think about the Superbowl, I think back to my younger years. Every year, my family would make the hour long drive to our family friend’s house, where they hosted the annual Game Day. The day consisted of Mama Laura’s homemade chili and lemon bars, and half-time football scrimmages at the park. I can’t help but laugh about the one year I wore white pants. My 14 year old self thought I looked so well put-together and stylish. That is, until I participated in the half-time scrimmage and ended up with muddy white pants. Oops. Lesson learned. (Laura, if you’re reading this, I know you’re LOL’ing too.)
Now that I’m grown, and living in another state, my new game day tradition is whipping up a batch of homemade chicken wings. There’s just something about football games and chicken wings. They go together like PB&J. These Garlic & Parmesan Baked Chicken Wings are super simple, easy, and make for great finger food during the Superbowl! They’re crispy and lower in fat because I remove most of the skin before baking them. Don’t knock it ’till ya try it!
My favorite dipping sauce to accompany these finger-lickin’ good wings is Primal Kitchen‘s Ranch Dressing. All of their products are Paleo and Whole30-friendly. So, if you’re one of the hundred people I personally know following Whole30 right now, I highly recommend buying yourself some yummy Primal Kitchen dressings. My favorites are their ranch, honey mustard, and olive oil mayo. A++ in my book!
Now, it’s almost time to kick back, grab a beer and some wings, and enjoy the game!
- 2 lbs chicken drumettes or wings
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with tinfoil and nonstick spray.
- Mince garlic cloves and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the majority of the skin. This creates a crispier, lower fat chicken wing. Place the chicken wings on the prepared baking sheet.
- Season with sea salt and pepper. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbs olive in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until golden brown. Add parsley, remove from heat, and set aside.
- Remove chicken wings from the oven and flip. Season with a litte more sea salt and pepper. Bake for 8 more minutes.
- When done baking, broil the chicken wings on high for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown in color. Remove from oven.
- Pour 1/2 tbs olive oil into the garlic mixture. Spoon onto each chicken wing. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Let cool and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve with Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing.