On Instagram, I recently polled: “Do you prefer to eat sweet and savory flavors together or separate?” To my surprise, most preferred to eat sweet and savory flavors separately! I have to admit I was a little disappointed because I love dishes that are both sweet and savory! Despite the poll results, I still decided to share this sweet and savory breakfast recipe for Easy Hawaiian Breakfast Bowls.
Tell me, where do you stand on the sweet & savory debate?
In my opinion, this breakfast dish combines the best of sweet and savory flavors. Sweet: pineapple and coconut aminos. Savory: eggs, bacon, and parsley. In fact, with these sweet and savory flavor combos, this dish could really be enjoyed any time of day- for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Take your pick!
By the way, did you know pineapple is great for digestive support? It’s packed with digestive enzymes, including bromelain. This powerful enzyme is known to:
- Fight inflammation
- Improve symptoms of IBS or IBD
- Reduce the risk of intestinal pathogens
- Increase nutrient absorption
As if pineapple wasn’t yummy enough, you now have good reason to enjoy it regularly!
If you’re looking for sweet breakfast recipes, try:
Or, if you’re a savory breakfast person, try:
- 8 ounces pasture-raised bacon
- 2-3 large eggs
- 12 ounces riced cauliflower
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 tbs coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbs freshly chopped parsley
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 10 minutes. Flip and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until cooked through. Carefully remove the bacon from the skillet and place on paper towels to drain excess grease. Once cool, chop bacon into small pieces.
- Carefully soak up most of the bacon grease from the skillet with A LOT of paper towels. Leave enough grease to coat the pan.
Saute red onion for 5 minutes, then add riced cauliflowe, garlic, and sea salt. Continue sauteing for 5 more minutes. Add coconut aminos and pineapple cubes to the skillet. Mix well. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
- In a separate skillet, fry eggs over medium heat to desired doneness.
- Finally, add the bacon pieces and parsley to the cauliflower skillet. Mix well. Top with fried eggs.