Paleo Chicken Street Tacos are not only packed with nutrient-rich ingredients, but they’re also a quick and delicious Taco Tuesday (or any day) meal!
I first decided to make street tacos after falling in love with the Siete red enchilada sauce. I’ve also been wanting to try the Siete tortillas forever, so this seemed like a good excuse to spend $7 on tortillas. Lol. These Paleo Chicken Street Tacos are ridiculously easy and quick to make. They’re delicious and healthy, too. Needless to say, they’re a win-win -win in my book and I hope they are in yours, too!
What You Need to Make Paleo Chicken Street Tacos
You need a large-sized cast iron skillet to cook the chicken and veggies for this recipe. You can find my favorite skillet on Amazon, here!
As always, I recommend buying pasture-raised, organic chicken thighs. For this recipe, you need skinless and boneless thighs. I don’t recommend using chicken breast because they are quite a bit dryer. However, alternatively, you can try ground turkey or beef.
Cilantro is a key ingredient for most Mexican dishes because it adds a spice and flavor like no other. Fresh cilantro is preferable!
Onion & Tomatoes
All Mexican dishes deserve a hefty spoonful of onion and tomatoes. Especially street tacos. Don’t you agree?
This red enchilada sauce by Siete has quickly become a staple in my cooking. It’s paleo-approved and free of additives, acids, oils, and trans fat. But, luckily, it doesn’t lack any flavor. Way to go, Siete!
Like their enchilada sauce, Siete gets an A+ for their cassava tortillas. They also have almond flour or chickpea flour tortillas, if you’d prefer one of those! Alternatively, you can use your own favorite Paleo tortilla recipe or store-bought ones.
How to Make Paleo Chicken Street Tacos
This super, simple recipe doesn’t take much to make and serve. Here’s what you do:
Add the chicken, tomatoes, onion, and garlic to the cast iron skillet. Season and bake for 25 minutes at 400F. While the chicken is baking, make your cauliflower rice. Add the enchilada sauce and set aside. When the chicken is cooked through, let cool for 5 minutes. Then, use two forks to shred.
To make your tacos, fill a tortilla with rice and chicken. Top with your favorite toppings, like extra cilantro, avocado, or cheese!
What to Serve with Paleo Chicken Street Tacos
- ~2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 tbs cooking fat, divided
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup Siete red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- Paleo tortillas
- Avocado, chopped
- Shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Meanwhile, add 1 tbs cooking fat and chicken thighs to a large cast iron skillet. Add the diced tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and garlic on top and in between the chicken thighs.
- Season the chicken and vegetables with garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, add your cauliflower rice and 1 tbs cooking fat to a skillet or pot. Cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, until cooked (about 5 minutes). Add the Siete enchilada sauce and set aside.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, use two forks to shred in the skillet.
- To make your tacos, add the cauliflower rice to a tortilla. Add the chicken, tomato, and onion mixture. Top with chopped avocado, more enchilada sauce, cilantro, or cheese!