After making my homemade Roasted Almond Coconut Butter, I knew I was onto something good and I couldn’t wait to create more! So, let the brainstorming begin…
Of course, since dark chocolate is a main food group in my diet, I had to incorporate a little chocolate. Low and behold, we have Creamy Chocolate Almond Butter. It’s just as simple, tasty, and healthy as the Roasted Almond Coconut Butter, but with completely different flavors. With a hint of cinnamon and sea salt, this nut butter will make your taste buds dance.
I even think it closely resembles the taste of brownie batter (!!!).
When making my first batch I had a great realization: chocolate + nuts just go together. They make a super duo. Runner up to red wine and dark chocolate, that is. But really, dark chocolate covered almonds, Reese’s peanut butter cups, Creamy Chocolate Almond Butter, the list goes on.
My favorite way to enjoy this nut butter is generously spread on Ezekiel bread, topped with peanut butter and honey. Or mixed into my morning bowl of oatmeal with berries.
- 2 cups raw almonds*
- 2 tbs dark cocoa powder
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Evenly spread almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Add all ingredients to your food processor. Process for 10-15 minutes or until creamy.
- Enjoy on toast, bananas, pancakes, or by the spoonful!
- *If you buy roasted almonds from the store, you can skip step 1.