Cheesy Jalapeño Grits. Need I say more? How about Cheesy Jalapeño Cauliflower Grits & Sausage? Yeah, I think I’ve said enough.
I’m not quite sure where this recipe inspiration came from, as I’m not typically about the Southern, cajun cuisine. But, the other night I needed to make a quick, last minute dinner for myself. When I opened the fridge, I saw all the necessary ingredients for this meal: chicken sausage, cauliflower, jalapeños, and raw cheddar. Just staring right at me. Like it was meant to be.
And when I say “10-minute” meal, I mean it. It literally takes 10 minutes from start to finish- assuming you use “fully cooked” sausage like I did. All you need to do is slice and warm the sausage, cook the cauliflower, and melt the cheese. The quickest, easiest, yummiest diner ever.
In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been on a jalapeño kick lately. My last recipe, Jalapeno Bacon Mofongo, was loaded with tasty jalapeños, too! I love that they are spicy, but also add tons of yummy flavor. And let’s talk raw cheese. I rarely eat cheese, but when I do, it’s raw cheese (aka not pasteurized). Skip to the end of the post to read about the health benefits of raw cheese!
At the bottom of this post, I’ve shared the nutrient benefits of this recipe. An Instagram reader suggested I share the health benefits for my recipes and I just love the idea! As a huge proponent of a nutrient-dense diet, I can totally get behind sharing the nutritional benefits of a meal. Stay tuned for future recipe health benefits, too.
- 2-4 sausages (I prefer Bilinski's Mild Pepper Chicken Sausage), sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 2 cups riced cauliflower, fresh or frozen
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbs ghee, separated
- 2 ounces raw cheddar cheese, sliced into 1/2" cubes
- 2 tbs diced jalapeños
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Melt 1 tbs ghee over medium heat in a pot or skillet. Lightly sauté garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower to the pot and cover with a lid. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring every couple minutes (until the cauliflower becomes translucent).
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining ghee in a separate skillet. Add the sliced sausage and stir often to heat thoroughly. Once warmed, remove from heat.
- Add cheese, jalapeños, and salt to the pot. Cover with the lid and let the cheese melt for about 1-2 minutes. Stir well.
- Serve warm and top with sausage!
Antibiotic & Free Range Chicken- High protein content
Raw Cheese- Rich in bioavailable enzymes and healthy bacteria, good source of saturated fats
Cauliflower- High in Vitamin B and K, and fiber