If you know anything about me, you probably know my undeniable love for breakfast (well, dark chocolate and red wine, too). In fact, I love breakfast so much that I created a FREE Balanced Breakfast Guide that you can download, here. As part of a balanced breakfast, I basically always have a combination of potatoes and eggs for breakfast- sometimes red potatoes, other times sweet or white. Because #variety. However, recently, I had the winning idea to combine all the potatoes into one recipe. And that’s when my newest recipe, Breakfast Medley Potato Skillet, was born!
This breakfast recipe is so quick, easy, and simple- AKA the best kind of recipe. It takes less than an hour to make, from start to finish, and makes enough for breakfast all week long! I recommend making a batch on Sunday night or Monday morning (if you have time before work) to last for the week. And I’ll let you in on a little secret, if you prepare soft or hard-boiled eggs and/or nitrate-free bacon, you’ll have a complete balanced breakfast.
Are you naturally a breakfast person or not? It seems like most people either love breakfast and can’t do without it or cannot even fathom eating food before 12pm. Honestly, I don’t understand how some people can start their day without food. I basically wake up hungry. So, the idea of no breakfast just baffles me!
If you’re not a big breakfast eater, I’ve got good news for you: 1. we can still be friends and 2. you can use this recipe as a side dish for lunch or dinner, alternatively. Whatever floats your boat! Try pairing this Potato Medley Skillet with Paleo Sweet Potato Meatloaf or Lemon Dill Salmon (minus the red potatoes). And, whatever you do, let me know. I love to hear your opinion and feedback!
Breakfast Medley Potato Skillet
- 2 tbs avocado oil, coconut oil, or ghee
- 2 large white potatoes
- 2 large red potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425F. Coat a large cast iron skillet with oil/ghee or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and chop potatoes and onion into 1/2" cubes.
- Spread evenly in the skillet/baking sheet and season with sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Mix well with a spatula and bake for another 15 minutes.
- For crispier potatoes, leave under the broiler for 3-5 minutes after baking.
- Serve with eggs and bacon!