Since returning from my trip to Huntington Beach in May, the blonde-and-tan version of myself was inspired by living the beach life for a week. Sea salt air, sunshine all day long, fresh fish for dinner, and skinny coconut margaritas poolside- now that is a life anyone would enjoy. So, why leave it behind on vacation?! I’m bringing a little bit of the Cali lifestyle back to Texas with me. And what better way than using food to do so?
With Summer time right around the corner (unless you live in Texas and have been hit by the 100 degree days already), I crave meals that are lighter, fresher, and healthier. Wouldn’t you agree? These 30-Minute Honey Lime Fish Tacos with Mango Slaw are just that. Tangy, but sweet. Light, yet satisfying. Score! I could eat 3 servings of these tacos in one sitting. I may or may not know that from experience. But, really, they are super yummy.
So, find yourself some fresh cilantro and mango, get to cookin’, and come back soon for the Skinny Coconut Margarita recipe (coming soon)!
- 16 oz mahi mahi, ahi tuna, salmon, shrimp, or fish of choice
- 2 tbs olive oil, plus 1 tbs for cooking
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 tbs liquid aminos (I like Bragg's)
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice (see link in blog post), brown rice, or white rice
- 8 yellow corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 mango, cut into chunks
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- fresh cilantro, optional
- cherry tomatoes
- In a plastic bag or large tupperware, combine olive oil, honey, liquid aminos, sriracha, lime juice, and chopped garlic. Mix well. Add the fish to the marinade and coat well. Let sit in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and remaining marinade to the skillet. Depending on the thickness of the fish, sear for about 3 minutes on each side, over medium-high heat. Then, reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all the slaw ingredients in a large bowl.
- When the fish is cooked through, serve on corn tortillas with cauliflower rice, and a heaping spoonful of mango slaw on top. Sprinkle fresh cilantro on top.